MidiYodi is a MIDI Editor that allows editing, examination,
playback and conversion of MIDI files.
MidiYodi is available on all major platforms including Windows,
Mac and Unix.
MidiYodi contains a rich set of features such as:
MIDI File Examination
MidiYodi provides various tools to examine the layout and content of a
- Main Window
rolled-out contents of a MIDI file including a measure bar and all its
tracks. Each track displays miniature 'notes', instrument and a volume
curve. In addition meta information lanes displays markers, tempos,
time signatures, key signatures, lyrics and text. (View)
- MIDI File Explorer
folders for MIDI files and for each file displays information such as
type, number of tracks, available instruments, song duration, tempo,
key- and time signatures. (View)
- Keyboard Examiner
of notes for a track in a keyboard like viewer. (View)
- Score Examiner
notes for a track in a score like viewer. (View)
- Event Examiner
events for a track including event position (beat, time and tick),
category (meta, voice or system), type (note on/off, program change
etc) and value. (View)
- Lyrics Examiner
lyrics if available in the MIDI file. (View)
MIDI File Editing
offers a rich set of tools to edit the content and structure of a MIDI
- MIDI file can be converted from type 0 to type 1 and vice versa.
- Notes can added, removed, copied, moved and have velocity and pitch
- Tracks can be added, removed, copied and moved.
- All or selected tracks can be saved in separate MIDI files. (View)
- Tracks can have their name, instrument and volume changed.
- Any MIDI event (meta, voice or system) can be added or updated. (View)
- Song can be transposed in half-tones up or down and individual
tracks can be transposed in 8va's.
- Song tempos can be altered.
- Song sections can be removed.
- Voice events can be moved from one channel to another.
- Pulse Per Quarter Note (PPQN) can be changed.
- Bulk Editor allows tempo and time signature change to multiple MIDI files
MIDI File Playback
offers several navigation and playback controls.
- Controls to start and pause playback in a tape recorder fashion.
- Entire or selected sections of a song can be played in repeat mode.
- Quick navigation by clicking anywhere in the song or jump to the
next/previous meta lane event.
- Controls to Mute or Solo any track.
Jukebox - Playlist Management
MidiYodi provides a Jukebox that allows several MIDI files to be
managed in playlists and played sequentially. (View)
- Open and save playlists.
- Add, remove and reorder MIDI files in playlist.
- Assign tempo, key and volume for each file to be used during
- Start and stop playback of playlist.
- Selection of playback mode. (First-to-last, loop or one-by-one).
MidiYodi offers some useful and nice customization features. (View)
- Language selection
- Color theme selection.
- Default examiner selection. (displayed when a track is
- MIDI output device selection.
- Startup file to load when MidiYodi is launched.
- Meta information lanes to show in the main window and examiners.